We’ve all been there: You just got your first job, and as your starting day approaches, you feel more and more nervous. You’re not just worried about knowing how to complete your tasks or find the restroom. What about all those professional mannerisms you’ve never had to master? How do you present yourself as a competent professional, even when you feel anything but? Even as you work your way up, you may feel a bit of imposter syndrome. You may feel a little out of place and awkward. Luckily, you can learn to be professional. All you need is a crash course in business etiquette 101!
How should you dress? Are you punctual? Do you know how to interact with people with diverse backgrounds? What about communication: how can you improve your emails so you’re always clear, polite, and timely? Does your body language make you come across as meek… or confident? How do you handle meetings?
You’ll learn all this and more in our handy business etiquette 101 pdf below. In no time, you’ll be excelling in the workplace. You got this!
Looking for more tips? Here are some additional resources we’ve found helpful:
- Podcast: Dress Codes in the Workplace
- Blog: Celebrating Cultural Differences in the Workplace
- Podcast: Bridging the Generational Gap in Communication Styles
- Blog: 15 Business Etiquette Rules Every Professional Needs To Know
- Blog: 15 Vital Business Etiquette Rules
- Blog: 7 Business Etiquette Rules to Know
- Blog: 13 Dining Etiquette Tips for Your Next Business Meal
Petite2Queen is a virtual mentoring community for women who want more out of life and their careers. We are women who have been there, done that… and women who are in it with you. Our virtual mentoring series, podcasts, blogs, and more provide real-life learning, insights, and transferrable skills. Create your own amazing life!