We all have things to do and goals to reach, and finding the right tools to help us out can be a lifesaver. Luckily, we have technology on our side, and we scoured the app stores for the best apps out there. Whether you need help refining your productivity and concentration, want to keep track of your fitness, or are looking for some fun ways to keep learning, we found just the apps you need. Here are 14 apps that will help keep you on track.
Stay on Top of Work
Many of us aim to be super productive throughout the day… but sometimes it can be hard to focus. Whether you’re having trouble organizing your thoughts, organizing your work, or simply avoiding distractions, there are plenty of apps to help.
- Trello – This project management is great for anyone juggling numerous tasks. Whether it’s a solo job or a project involving a whole team, Trello can help you organize what needs to be done and when. It’s easy to organize, with labels, checklists, due dates, and attachments. You can also add members to specific projects so they know what they’re responsible for. What’s more, Trello is easy to integrate with other services, like Google Drive or Slack. Use Trello for work or personal life – it’s very versatile and easy to u
- Todoist – If you’re looking for a way to keep track of all the things you need to do, try out this modernized To-Do List app. With Todoist, you can create detailed to-do lists, schedule when each item needs to be done (including recurring tasks), and rank how urgent each task is. You can also assign tasks to contacts within your team. Whether you need your spouse to run an errand or have a project due from your co-worker, Todoist helps everyone stay on track.
- Forest – Some of us have a hard time minimizing distractions. One way to force ourselves to focus is an app called Forest. While this app is open, a virtual tree will grow – but you have to keep the app open or the tree dies. The idea here is that you can’t look at your other apps. The longer your stay focused on the task you need to be working on, the longer the tree has to grow. Keep up the good work, and you’ll have a whole forest of full-grown trees. Even better, Forest is partnered with Trees for the Future to plant real trees all over the world.
- FocusMe – Take distraction-blocking to a whole new level with FocusMe. This app boasts a lot of features: It can limit or completely restrict your access to certain websites, comes with a timer for the Pomodoro Technique, and allows for schedules that fit your long-term work routine. With all these distractions eliminated, it will be easier to focus on the task at hand, leading to a more productive you.
- Good&Co – Here’s a particularly fun app that’s as useful as it is engaging. With Good&Co, you take a series of tests to determine your personal strengths and working styles. These uncovered characteristics can then be compared with other people with whom you work. How does your style fit with your co-worker’s or boss’s style? How does your personality fit within an organization? The more you know about yourself and others, the better able you are to style flex and work together effectively.
Meet Your Wellness Goals
Now that we have the tools to keep us focused on our work and chores, what about our wellness? How do we keep track of our fitness and dietary goals? How can we improve our sleep, meditation, and anxiety levels? Here are some apps that can help you meet your wellness goals.
- MyFitnessPal – This robust app allows you to track your dietary and exercise goals. Enter all the food you consume each day to track your eating habits; in addition to counting calories, it also informs you of the nutrients you’re getting and how they play into your overall fitness goals. In addition to your diet, MyFitnessPal also keeps you on track with your workout regimen. How are your cardio and strength training routines going? Where can you make changes to meet your goals? MyFitnessPal helps you each step of the way.
- Map My Run – Where are you running? How much ground did you cover? With your Map My Run app, you’ll never have to wonder again. People who like to jog or run for exercise will find this app invaluable, especially if they like to cover new ground and uncharted territory. The app provides data on your exercise regimen, recommends the best running routes near you, and allows you to be part of a likeminded community. With Map My Run, you can track your workouts and better understand your overall fitness.
- Stop, Breathe & Think – The benefits of meditation can’t be understated, yet many of us don’t know how to meditate correctly. To help you, try Stop, Breathe & Think. With this app, you can check in each day, noting how you feel physically and mentally, as well as picking various adjectives that describe your current mood. Based on your answers, the app will provide you with the perfect meditation options that fit your needs today. Each option comes with a recording to guide you through your meditation. If you don’t want to go through the analyzation process to determine which mediation you should do, you can simply pick one from the list. Give Stop, Breathe & Think a try, and you’ll start to feel better and calmer.
- Sleep Cycle – Most of us value getting a good night’s sleep, but sometimes getting some quality rest is a challenge. Insomnia, busy schedules, and stress can all result in too little sleep or poor-quality sleep. With the Sleep Cycle alarm clock, you can take advantage of your body’s natural sleep stages. The app tracks your sleep cycle, paying attention to which sleep stage you’re in. This allows it to wake you at the best time within that cycle. You’ll wake up feeling better rested and less tired – just from waking up during the right part of your cycle! Try using Sleep Cycle instead of your usual alarm clock – you’ll likely start waking up more refreshed than ever!
- Clue – Half the population has a menstrual cycle, and most of us would agree it’s important to keep track of it. Whether you have irregular periods or want to keep tabs on your fertility, a good period tracker is super helpful. Clue is one of the most popular menstrual tracking apps. It’s also pretty robust: In addition to tracking your period and ovulations, it also allows you to track your mood, exercise, health, and more. Clue is a great app for all uterus owners.
Learn & Grow
So you want some apps to keep your curious mind satisfied? We’ve already touted the benefits of continuing your thirst for knowledge; put those learning goals into motion with some of these fun, informational apps.
- Vocabulary.com – School might be over, but you don’t have to stop learning! One of the best ways to keep improving is to grow your vocabulary. With the Vocabulary.com app, you can learn a new word each day. Choose words on your own, or let it choose words for you, and take quizzes to see how well you remember the words’ definitions and how to use them. You can also look up words with its handy, easy-to-understand dictionary feature. Try it out and see how your vocabulary improves.
- Duolingo – In our multicultural world, it’s so important to speak multiple languages. With Duolingo, you can quickly learn to speak Spanish, French, or nearly any other language. With this app, you will learn to read, listen to, and speak the language of your choice. While in-lesson grading makes it feel like a legit class, the game style keeps it fun. Duolingo is even used in classrooms around the world. Whether you want to communicate with your new friends or simply want to go on vacation and not get lost, Duolingo will have you speaking a new language in no time.
- Yousician – Most of us love music, but unless you were in band back in the day, you may not know how to play an instrument. Or, perhaps you want to add one to your repertoire. One of the most popular music-learning apps is Yousician. No matter how much experience you have with an instrument, Yousician will help you learn to play. In no time, you’ll be playing real songs. They offer an enormous repertoire, and they make learning fun. Choose from piano, guitar, bass, and ukulele.
- Lumosity – Brain games rule, and Lumosity offers some of the best. On this app, the first thing you need to do is take a Fit Test to see where you’re at overall. How do you compare to others your age? From there, play fun brain games to increase your logic and speed at solving puzzles. It’s quite a lot of fun, but also good for your mind.
These are just some of the productivity, wellness, and learning apps that can help you out each day. Keep up on all your work and projects, stay fit and healthy, and keep your curious mind engaged. These apps are all easy to use, convenient, and – in some cases – actually pretty fun. Let these apps help you be your best self. They’ll make life a little easier and more enjoyable.
Amanda Whitbeck is Vice President of Operations at Petite2Queen. Since earning her master’s degree in Global Entertainment & Music Business from Berklee College of Music, Amanda has played key roles facilitating growth at start-ups. She’s also worked in diverse sectors of the music industry, from live events promotion to entertainment journalism. She brings her expertise in music business, writing, and website development to Petite2Queen.