The last few years have been a roller coaster – politically and socially. Perhaps more than ever before, it’s important that you vote and make your voice heard. How can your country work for you if you don’t have a say in it? But becoming an active, informed voter can be a daunting task, especially when you don’t know much about politics. Don’t worry – we’ve all been there! We all start off without much political knowledge, but we can all learn.
In our new webinar about how to become an engaged voter, Lynn, Amanda, and Rachel walk you through everything you need to know. It starts with understanding your own values and stances on current issues. Research the different sides of each issue, the political parties, and the candidates running for office. Learn to determine who best aligns with your views and values. Find out where and how to vote – and not just once every four years! Finally, discover how you can stay involved all year long.
No matter what anyone tells you, know that your vote matters. Your opinion and your voice need to be heard. So get out there and learn about your government and cast your vote. It’s a small but vital step to make sure your country works for you and those you care about.
Midterms are coming up on November 6th, so be ready to vote for the candidates and initiatives that matter to you!
Here’s everything you need to know so you can become an active, informed voter. Watch our full webinar below:
We talked about a lot of political resources in our webinar. Here are some you may find useful:
- Where do you fall on the political spectrum? Discover how liberal or conservative you are by taking this political typology quiz: or http://www.people-press.org/quiz/political-typology/
- Find out which political party is mostly closely aligned with your views by taking either of these quizzes: http://www.people-press.org/quiz/political-party-quiz/ or https://www.isidewith.com/political-quiz
- Find a wealth of campaign finance data here: https://www.fec.gov/
- Check NRA ratings here: https://votesmart.org/interest-group/1034/rating/
- Visit the League of Women Voters “Vote411” site here: https://www.vote411.org/
- Are you registered to vote? Check your status here: https://www.nass.org/can-i-vote/voter-registration
- Where and how can you vote? Find out about polling places, absentee or early voting, and more at these three sites: https://www.nass.org/can-i-vote and https://www.vote.org/ and https://www.vote411.org/
- Sign up for election reminders here so you always remember to vote: https://www.vote.org/election-reminders/
- Find out everything you may need to know about voting at these three sites: https://www.usa.gov/voting and https://www.vote.org/ and https://www.vote411.org/
Download our own Candidate Report Card resource below:
Looking for a little musical inspiration as you decide how to vote? Look for our upcoming political playlist, coming out next week!
Petite2Queen provides virtual mentoring to young women in life, at work, and in sales. Follow us for more practical advice you can put to use to improve your life and career.
Petite2Queen is a virtual mentoring community for women who want more out of life and their careers. We are women who have been there, done that… and women who are in it with you. Our virtual mentoring series, podcasts, blogs, and more provide real-life learning, insights, and transferrable skills. Create your own amazing life!